Monday, February 12, 2007

WORK...


Waiting to get the fuck out of here.. I finally fixed the loader that's been occupying my work space for over a month now... New boom cylinder seals and packing, l.o.f. (uh lube, oil, filters...), fixed the cavitation in the fuel pump, (was sucking air from a crack so small a bug could hardly fart through it...) Rebuilt a final drive unit, including new speedy sleeve and wheel bearings. Rebuilt two calipers, now these fuckers are huge, with out pads they weigh almost a hundred pounds! Got the tires back on, now you want heavy, ?! These things are only about five feet tall and two feet wide, but we fill'em with water... So they weigh in at about twelve hundred pounds apiece. no worries right? We must have equipment here to move shit around, sure. But its raining and I work out side in the mud. No shop with heaters and lifts and shit, I'm a flat backer. and in the mud is where I do my best work... errr, wait that doest sound right... Reminds me of an old joke, "no grass on the field, play in the mud..." Anyway, what am I eleventeen?


So I got the damn loader out of the way and now I get to clean the thing up, grease, oil and crap everywhere... So I think I'll leave it and see if anyone needs any extra hours... Perhaps I can get someone else to do that work...


We have a driver that breaks shit every day! He just came in looking for another gladhand, (it is something at the end of an air line that connects the trailer to the truck so the air brakes work), fucker says "Dude, got another one of those? It blew off and broke." Now something for you all, they don't blow off, if you put them on correctly the air pressure that surges through them when charged locks them into place, if they were to "blow off" the brakes would immediately come on, trailer would hammer around until you stop. Then you go nowhere. So, whats been happening is he is disconnecting the trailer, forgetting to remove said gladhands and driving off ripping the hoses, etc... Nice.


This is the same fucking guy that last week "helped" me do some front brakes on a one ton pick up. Thanks for telling me you broke the retainer clips on the auto locking hubs, (didnt happen), before you put it all back together. When the operator called and said his front left wheel just seized up and won't do anything, I had an idea you had something to do with it...


And this is the same guy, in the same week, drained the oil in the same truck and then started the thing with no oil to "Get out the rest of the bad stuff." WTF!!! WTF.... I was going to kill this guy!!!


"Why would you do that???" I said.

" I do it on my mustang all the time..." he replies.

"I don't believe you. Bring your mustang up here and drain the oil, I wanna see you fucking start your car and run it with no oil..." I fumed.


Hours later, I replaced the turbos waste gate, reprogrammed the computer.(We have a cool black market tool that muddles around with our ford trucks performance.hee hee.) New oil pump and it was back on the road... Now here is something truly bizarre, I was prechecking that very same truck on Friday and you wont believe it... There is diesel in the coolant overflow container. Another big WTF!!! I don't even want to know which genius put that in there and wheat the hell planet they live on...


This sort of shit happens all the fucking time. Most of our laborers don't speak English, when they decide they don't like working for nickels any more , they try to come up and start doing other shit. Helping out in the mornings, getting trucks ready, staying late after work, etc. So I run into weird shit everyday...


Yep, feel like killing these guys, "Hey how do those lumber racks get ripped off?", "uh, I dunno, I didn't feel anything"


You asshole! The lumber racks are pulled halfway off the truck! How did you not feel anything, and why are you driving? Our insurance can't possibly think that licence you bought over in Salinas at the gas station is yours!!! uuuuuggggghhhhhh....


This is the second time that's happened!!!


Anyway, I figure I'm getting paid right now, I might as well write about work...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, excellent work rant! I am fascinated by the technical talk, have explained this in past comments, but it's partially inexplicable why I enjoy them so much. Plus the critiques of the drivers and their excuses for breaking things... hahaha!!!

INNER VOICES said...

THE JOYS OF LAYING ON YOUR BACK FOR WORK....
YEAH SOMETIMES I GO ON A BIT OF A RAMPAGE!