Wednesday, May 02, 2007

quick....


so yesterday, i need to find out what size suit i wear...

we head over to gentleman's warehouse to see if someone can help me out... apparently and very generously my friends dad is buying us all suits to wear before the wedding!?!?! sweet. i don't even know what to say... other than i don't own a nice suit and am fucking stoked that anyone would even think that much of me to offer one... any way...

we hit Starbucks and march over to the map of madness...

"where the hell is it?" i ask " i swear there was one here before..."

"look at the map here, it has all the stores in the mall." is her reply.

"see" she says "its right in front of us."


no shit, there it was, big ass sign above the door... "Gentleman's Warehouse".

"i did spend an hour here last week looking for this store..."

i cruise in and ask the first well dressed man wearing a tape measure around his neck if he could help me...

a few minutes later he has me measured up and trying on jackets... this guy is good. nice to me too. seeing as how i just had gotten out of work, driven to his store and changed in his parking lot, he was nice. and i DID look like i had crawled out from under a dump truck...

i found out that I'm a 42 regular, due to my shoulders a European suit fits me best. i guess that has no vents or vents on the side. he offered to, once i received the suit, to help me have it tailored to me. (fucking nice of this guy. i wasn't even buying a suit there...) i asked him to write down everything he said and he offered me his card. as he slide his card into my hand i deftly slid a five dollar bill back into his before he pulled it away.

he looks at it and says "oh no, i couldn't." and tries to hand it back.

"i insist. please you helped out alot and i really appreciate it. thank you."

"no, absolutely not. please take it back." his reply. he seemed quite confused at the tip and my appreciation.

"no one works for free, i don't and you shouldn't have to either, really thank you very much..." i smiled and walked out.

i look back into the store and he waved and smiled back.


i dunno, shouldn't you tip people in the service industry? the guy wasn't making any commission from me and spent the better part of twenty minutes letting me try on six hundred dollar jackets...

i call my buddies machine give him my info and sure as shit on the front of his business card, it lists my nice guy suit size helper outer friend as the stores regional manager... huh...

No comments: