Monday, August 27, 2007

i hope he is okay.

the most fucked thing I've heard of this week.

i popped over to a restaurant blog that i read. he is a great writer, awesome chef and prouder father. i read this post and my jaw hit the floor.

I'm not great friends with Brendon, but we are friends when i see him out and about. I'd like to believe its more than him just tolerating me. years and years ago while drunk at a party i threw a keg cup full of beer all over him and some friends, ran into the bathroom, climbed out the window, ran back inside and helped everyone yell and scream at the guy in the bathroom.



"yeah, kick his ass!" i said.

"who was that ass hole?" someone said.

"I'm going beat the fuck out of you." is what i think Brendon said.

there was banging on the door and people were bent. it started a whole our town your town thing for about ten minutes...



i think everyone kind of forgot about it all, at least i did. it wasn't until years later that i found out he knew it was me... i should still get my ass kicked for that one, but i was just a punk looking for his place in big sur. at the expense of others... my bad, again.

anyway...

well it sounds like he hurt real bad, i wish there was something i could do for him....
i posted this comment on his fathers page.
happy fucking Monday.

"there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer."

i don't remember where i heard it, but i agree with it and you. without them in the places where we live we sometimes wouldn't live.

i was hoping this story would turn out to be some sickened dream you had while recovering from dengue fever, but no... and holy shit! it seems its not. i hope it will all get better and not worse. I've got a batch of long ridge lightning in the still and will get some to you both. holy shit..... i wish there was more that could be done to help.

3 comments:

Black Egg said...

Christ, that's a fucked up story. I hope the kid is OK, I mean, as OK as he can be given the circumstances. Don't know him, but my thoughts are with him...

Michelle said...

Positive energy his way.

INNER VOICES said...

yeah thats i can do as well, very nice of both of you... thanks. i'm sure he needs it.