Friday, October 13, 2006

What do you say?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Just a short one.. Nothing about things that have happened to me, or glorified stories about events here in the Sur... Nothing about the evils of life here either... Shit happens, deal with it... What do you say to so many people who have so many questions to be answered... I don't have the answers, just my opinion... I am often wrong... But I have love for my friends and I want to help. I love the gift of opportunity... Thank you!!!

But how do I represent my self? Someone who has his shit together? Someone who is respectable? Who knows his shit? If you knew me you might think otherwise... I am who I am... But you might love me anyways...

So I'm trying to be professional at work, and in all honesty I kick ass!! This week I saved my company thousands... From being taken advantage of, in lost revenue, in unnecessary labor costs, in wasted time and money... I think they were very happy with my performance all around..

As a "heavy equipment mechanic" I'm finding out that I often spend quite a bit of time at the computer, locating better deals, the right part the first time, researching more reliable suppliers and the getting the right solutions to our specific problems... I enjoy my hours spent on my back getting filthy fixing shit mind you, but I have more pride in my ability of troubleshooting, (not tooting my own horn here, I promise) I would just like to believe that is where my true skills lay...

I would buy a huge ware house where people, (friends) could bring their; equipment, trucks, cars, boats, whatever, for me to look at and assess problems... I could tell them what might be their troubles and guide them into the right direction... Show them how to do it themselves..I don't acually want to get dirty anymore, breath the D.N.A. killing chemicals or do any of the mundane bullshit that comes along with being a mechanic... But how would I charge friends? Presently I charge beer and dinner, or whatever they can afford, granted I do it after work for friends... But how do you charge the people that you love? The people that make you who you are?

Why do I worry? I see a need...

Friends call me and ask. " Dude, where do I take my car? What do I do? My car/truck is running like shit."

Most of the time I say "Fuck dude, I dunno... I don't trust a single mechanic I know... Sorry... Well...What are you doing later? Lemme take a look, I'll help you out if I can."

Some times I simply don't have time or energy...

Its not like I'm holding out or I want to keep something from them.. But on occasion I genuinely don't have the fucking time...

At my work I do every thing, (mostly) and what I send out doesn't apply to consumer vehicles.. Only tractors and backhoes, big rigs and the like... Problems that envolve specific tools and machines that we don't own... Projects I would need someone elses confidence and experiance to guide me... I wish I could do everything!

Sometimes I say "good luck."

This was just something that came up today... Talking at the bar with a couple of buddies..I help those who want to help themselves and I do nothing for those who rely on others doing everything for them...

Fuck sorry... Sounds like I'm wanting to sound awesome post... Its not.. Id like to help more people but what do you say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you anyways...and you do help tons, but sometimes you need to help yourself, you know?