Friday, November 17, 2006

CONVERSATION AT WORK...


A funny conversation at work, boss #1 and I were doing paperwork in the front office and chief office manager was on the phone with a friend....

"Ha ha ha, she couldn't get it in?" Debbie says on the phone.

"Couldn't get it in to what?" I interupt Debbie.

"The puppy." she says to me without skipping a beat in her own conversation with friend.

Dave and I look at each other and smile...

"She couldn't get what into the puppy?" Dave asks trying not to burst.

"Ugh, she couldn't get it into the back... Wait what, no." Debbie looks at us with annoyance.

"What is she trying to stick into the back of the puppy?" I ask as we burst into laughter!

"The box" Debbie is getting it now and is laughing with us...

"So, she is trying to stick a box into the back of the puppy?!?!" Dave says as he nearly blows snot.

"No, she is trying to stick the puppy into her box." Debbie is now getting annoyed.

I fall on the floor and hit my head I'm laughing so hard now...

"So... She is trying to stick the back of the puppy into what? Her BOX?!?" I say getting back up off the floor, wiping tears from my eyes...

Debbie is trying to get off the phone at this point as our level of humor has reached about third grade level...

"Tell her she needs lube, puppy lube!" I manage to get out inbetween gasps for air.

"Lube up her puppy, she'll get it in there!" Dave chimes in as he leaves the office.. Its too much for him...

Holy shit, we were dieing, Debbie is a respectable lady who has a child and husband and would never get caught saying anything like "puppy lube". But throughout the entire day, all we had to say was "puppy lube" and we would start busting up... Whether one of us was on the phone or on a piece of equipment that's all it took...

Moral of the story... When you are having troubles shoving the back end of your puppy into your box, please use puppy lube... Save your self an embarrassing phone call to a friend.

2 comments:

oakland heidi said...

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

Am now scarred for life.

INNER VOICES said...

ITS ONE OF THOSE HAD TO BE THERE INCIDENTS! glad to know i had a small impact in your day!