Monday, November 27, 2006

Here is something new...

I'm tired, three and a half hours of sleep last night... What am I doing until the wee hours of the morning you ask? hah, I cant tell you... But it makes you wonder, I'm sure!

So I wont bore you with too many stories of thanksgiving, how much food we ate and how fat I felt afterwards, but I will tell you what happened!

After spending the morning sleeping in and hanging out, I decided I would put a CD player into "new reader's" subaru... That went great, sounds better, looks better and replaces that jankie tape deck she was so fond of... hah! Ate food at hair farmers house, took a nap in the middle of the raucous football game and then commenced the drinking! (well I had been drinking all afternoon, but this is where it gets heavy!)

Met up with "new reader" and went to ventana inn, sat and talked over incredibly stiff drinks that our great bartender Richard poured us... Got to laugh as we got caught smuggling her in and out of the mens room! Sat at the bar beside the fire.Yes, that was fun as well!

Then went over to nepenthe.. Our friend is managing there and hooked us up with some free beer and tasty red wine... We chatted with her family and mingled around for a while... It was hard to get drinks because the bartender there that evening happens to be one of my least favorite people on the planet. The kind of person you would like to crush his face with a bar stool and then piss on when he is unconsious and bloody.

I digress... So we went outside to smoke and got quite a few looks... We were laughing our asses off as one friend could not stop watching us! Almost tripped on his own jaw!

After leaving nepenthe we went to one of the places where my "date" works. To enjoy their company and for their incredible meal! Wow was that food ever good, (okay I said I wouldn't talk about food, but out of the three bites I managed to pack on top of my swollen belly, it was the bomb!) and had more and more free red wine! So good... The owners had a photographer there who was snapping hundreds of photos, for a book that they are putting out! I had to sign a waiver so they could use my photo, I had "someone" sign the parent consent portion for me just to fuck with them. I hope it doesn't get her in any trouble...

And then on to fernwood! Ah happy place of drinking and almost dancing... It was our intent to move around and dance some, but the band, well.... Sucked some major ass... Even when some drunk chic got out on the dance floor she soon stopped and looked cross eyed at the band... Some of our mutual friends were out and we had a great time... Somewhere in there I seem to remember hearing, "I cant see strait!!" and "if I close one eye it makes it a little better." hahaha...

Okay I fucking hate holidayz, I really do... Not bah hum bug style but I dunno, just another day for the rookie drinkers to be out on the highway killing innocent bystanders... Yeah, lets celebrate!

But I not only managed to have a fucking awesome day but I got to spend most of the evening with a person who was enjoying herself as much as me!! We were full of smiles all night, dropped jaws all around town, got plenty drunk and not to mention she looked incredible! It truly felt like a real holiday...

I hope all of you got some good times in! Or at least some good drinking in!!!

1 comment:

oakland heidi said...

Oh Fernwood... oh fernwood. How I long for thee when I am so drunk I should be in bed. What a night that was. Hooorah.